Fire engulfs Martin’s Garden Center
Flames ripped through Martin’s Garden Center on Route 453 near Water Street in Huntingdon County on Tuesday night.
Neighbor Ryan Kooken said he was sitting in his home just after 10 p.m. when he heard a loud noise. He looked outside and saw a fully involved fire at the adjacent Martin’s Garden Center.
“The fire seemed to engulf the main indoor retail area of the garden center,” Kooken said, adding the greenhouses surrounding the building were also burning.
He said several large propane tanks sit close to his home between his property and the furthest greenhouses from the main building. He said those greenhouses were not on fire, and it appeared as if firefighters would contain the blaze before it reached them.
“Local area firefighters deserve my family’s thanks for the swift response and quick contaainment of the fire,” Kooken said of the multiple fire departments that descended on the scene.