Aid offered to hospitality industry
JOHNSTOWN — The Johnstown Industrial Development Corp. is now accepting applications for the COVID-19 Hospitality Industry Recovery Program.
JIDC has been designated to serve grants awarded to several area counties, including Bedford County as part of the county block grant appropriated for COVID Relief in the amount of $542,397; and for Cambria County, for $1,474,603.
Businesses within the commonwealth must have a NAICS designation within the Accommodation subsector (721) or Food Services and Drinking Places subsector (722) and where accommodations, food or drink is served to or provided for the public, with or without charge. Other eligibility criteria is as follows:
* Business must have been in operation prior to Feb. 15, 2020.
* Business has fewer than 300 full-time equivalent employees.
* Business/owner has a tangible net worth of not more than $15,000,000.
* Business must have experienced a reduction in revenue in 2020.
* Eligible operating expenses must have been incurred between March 1, 2020, and date of application.
Priority will be given to businesses that show greater than 50% reduction in revenue in 2020, had been mandated to fully close by the disaster proclamation issued by the governor on March 6, 2020, and received no other CARES funding through the federal, state, county or local government level.
The application and additional program information can be found on the JARI website at www.jari.com.
Contact Bette Slayton at 814-623-4816 or email@example.com; or Lauren Thompson at 814-262-8367 or firstname.lastname@example.org. for more information.