×

Legarski endowment created

The Independent Catholic Foundation has announced that the family of Father Tony Legarski has created the Rev. Anthony J. Legarski Educational Endowment Fund for Seminarians and Permanent Deacons.

Legarski participated in deacon candidate interviews, authored a pamphlet describing the role of a permanent deacon and helped clarify guidelines that have become invaluable to newly ordained deacons.

In addition, Legarski devoted the last 15 years of his ministry as pastor of St. Mary Parish, Hollidaysburg, and chaplain of both the Catholic Daughters of the America Court 1775 and the Knights of Columbus Star of the Sea Council 4245.

The endowment specifies that 60 percent of every annual distribution provide financial aid to diocesan seminarians while the remaining 40 percent will provide similar support to permanent deacon candidates.

Charitable donations in memory of Father Tony may be sent to the Independent Catholic Foundation, 3618 Fifth Ave., Suite 1, Altoona, PA 16602. As the endowment increases, so will the annual distributions.

NEWSLETTER

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
   

COMMENTS

Starting at $4.39/week.

Subscribe Today