×

Probe finds house fire caused by smoking

A house fire in Altoona on Thursday was caused by smoking, according to the city fire inspector.

Firefighters were called out at 10:29 a.m. Thursday to 2126 Fifth Ave., where smoke was coming from an upstairs window.

According to Altoona Fire Inspector Adam Free, the fire was contained to the second-floor bedroom and started outside the window from “a carelessly discarded smoking material.”

The three adults and one child in the home made it out safely, and the fire caused minor damage, Free said.

NEWSLETTER

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
   

COMMENTS

Starting at $4.39/week.

Subscribe Today