No injuries reported in Logan flue fire

A flue fire at 1326 Mill Run Road was quickly extinguished Monday, and no one was injured.

Engines from Logan Township Volunteer Fire Department arrived Monday afternoon to the home owned by John McGarvey.

McGarvey said the fire damage does not affect any other part of the home except for the enclosed patio. As firefighters cleared the area, McGarvey’s nephew, Daniel Welch, who was with McGarvey at the time of the fire, said firefighters determined the fire was caused by a crack in the flue of a wood burner that was used to heat the back patio area.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)