Chamber for Business and Industry presents awards
The Chamber for Business and Industry of Centre County recently handed out its 2019 Excellence Awards.
The awards were distributed to the following individuals/companies in the categories listed below:
– Lifetime Achievement Award, Lance Shaner.
– Champion Award, PSECU.
– Champion Award, Edward Tubbs of Hospitality Asset Management Co.
– Business Leader of the Year, Mark Morath of Hospitality Asset Management Co.
– Business Impact Award, DiamondBack Truck Covers.
– Emerging Business of the Year, Xact Metal.
– Employee of the Year, John Peterson of Penn State SBDC
– Small Business of the Year, Your Cigar Den.
– Young Professional of the Year, Wendy Vinhage of Centre County United Way.
– Ambassador of the Year, Jeremy Hall of Marco Technologies.
Mentoring program accepting applications
Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center’s Mentoring in Medicine program is accepting applicants for the annual 10-week summer program.
Mentoring in Medicine is designed to give area college students planning on a career as a physician, the opportunity to shadow physicians at Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center in departments such as radiology, obstetrics, orthopedics and ER/trauma. Students also have the opportunity to select a department of their choice to shadow for two weeks. Pathology, oncology and neurosurgery are among the top choices.
To apply for the program or for questions, contact Alex or Melissa Pozun via email at email@example.com. Applications are due Feb. 14.