Nela Beach opened Aug. 25, 1923 on the site of Pecht Ice Dam at Pleasant Valley and 16th Street. The pool measured 175 feet by 300 feet with varying depths and held 1.5 million gallons of water pumped from a mountain spring. It was surrounded by a white sand beach and boardwalks. The park had a merry-go-round, Ferris wheel, Dodgem, photo gallery, manicure parlor, penny arcade, speedway, bowling alley, refreshment and seafood stand, funhouse, shooting gallery and a dance pavilion that held 1,000 people. It was owned by Ray and Henry Davis of Altoona and George Good of Patton. Candy Fisher of Altoona, who researched these photos, is looking for more information. Email her at email@example.com.