Yesteryear-Pen-Wer Gulf Gas Station
In 1923, Harry Penny opened the Pen-Wer Gulf Gas Station with J.W. Wertzberger, at 22nd Street and Seventh Avenue, Altoona. Later, it became the Penwer Service Co. He sold Tydol gas, tires, tubes, oil, car repairs and land for gas stations. Penny lived in the attached home. His wife, Della Black Penny is shown in the photo taken circa 1942. The photo was submitted by Michael Farrow, president of the board of the Blair County Historical Society.