This 1980 photo (above) is of the Pennsylvania Railroad’s Juniata Shops Power Plant engine room which shows the stationary engineers equipment. The electrical switchboard power room was to the rear of the engine room. South Altoona had two huge turbines and the power plant had hardwood floors as did 12th Street and Fourth Street. The Juniata and East Altoona Power Plants had concrete floors. There were 17,000 Pennsylvania Railroad workers in 1950. At left is Chuck Orner, the stationary engineer. The photos are from the collection of the late William A. Barger of Altoona, a longtime provider of photos for the Yesteryear column. Barger died Jan. 29.