Roy Harpster of Altoona submitted this photo of St. John’s Lutheran Church’s first Bible School, which was held on weekday mornings from June 8 to 19, 1953. This photo was taken on the cemetery side of the church. About 60 youngsters attended. Pastor William Slee acted as the school’s initiator and Mrs. Arthur Snare served as the Vacation Bible School director. Teachers included Ethel Baker, Esther Beck, Hazel Eyers, Marie Hileman, Alice Parks, Anna Pease, Gladys Rutherford, Margie Smith and more.