May the Fur Be With You
Occasionally, I get emails/posts from companies/friends/associates that are just too good to pass up and I have to share them with you! The following is from our friends at Healthy Paws Pet Insurance (www.heathypawspetinsurance.com)… Enjoy!
Pet parents love Star Wars… and we’ve got the data to prove it! To celebrate May the 4th, Healthy Paws Pet Insurance–the #1 customer-rated provider of health insurance for dogs and cats– analyzed their pet parent data to find the most popular Star Wars names for our four-legged friends.
Top 5 Star Wars names:
1. Leia: 366 dogs, 61 cats
2. Yoda: 167 dogs, 49 cats
3. Chewbacca: 181 dogs,10 cats
4. Kylo: 116 dogs, 15 cats (Kylo-ren: 9)
5. Vader: 127 dogs, 13 cats (Darth Vader: 7)
A few fun shout outs for creative names:
· Jyn Purrso
· Obi-Wan Catnobi
· Lando Pawrissian
· Jabba the Fluff
The team at Healthy Paws has seen a lot of claims this year, but we are happy to report zero claims for light saber, blaster and ray gun injuries. To keep the streak going, here are some safety tips for pet parents to prepare for May the 4th:
· Remember: Do not share your ration bars with your pets. Test your knowledge with what’s poisonous to pets here.
· As much as you may try, Jedi mind tricks typically do not work on pets. Proper training is still necessary. However, watch out for your pets playing Jedi mind tricks on you! They may be cute, but don’t be fooled by an ulterior motive for a tasty treat.
· If you’re out on a late-night dog walk, read all signs that might indicate you’ve wandered into a carbon freezing room.
Let us know if you would like to talk to a pet insurance expert from our team for more information. Star Wars questions, however, may need to be redirected to your nearest Resistance representative.
Thanks to the Team at Healthy Paws Pet Insurance for the furry fun, today!