A man not included in the Jerry Sandusky child-sex abuse scandal has come forward with claims that the convicted sex offender and former Penn State assistant football coach sexually assaulted him, KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh reported Monday.
Sandusky's lawyer Joe Amendola and Penn State spokesman David La Torre said they have not been notified of the claims this man has made that Sandusky assaulted him 40 years ago.
"We have no information on this matter," Amendola replied in an email to the Mirror on Tuesday.
The man told KDKA investigative reporter Marty Griffin that he was sexually assaulted in the basement of a recreation center started by the Sandusky family in the late 1950s in Washington, Pa., KDKA reported .
Asked why he came forward now, the TV station reported that the 57-year-old alleged victim said: "Mainly, because I know I can't be the only one out here. I may have been the first, but I can't be the last."
The university has contacted at least 20 alleged victims as part of possible civil lawsuit settlement talks, La Torre said.
In June, Sandusky was convicted of 45 counts of sexually abusing 10 boys whom he met through the Penn State football program and his charity for disadvantaged youths, The Second Mile. He was sentenced earlier this month to 30 to 60 years in state prison.
Sandusky, now known as inmate number KT2386, remains incarcerated at the State Correctional Institution at Camp Hill.
Mirror Staff Writer Russ O'Reilly is at 946-7435.