We're ankle deep in pine needles and regrets as another year ends.
The Steelers and Penguins failed to repeat as champions; The Pirates fired their manager, and Pitt fired its football coach.
It's time to look back at the previous 12 months with the traditional puzzlers. Grab a couple of No. 2 pencils and get at it.
1. What is the best source for authentic sports memorabilia at reasonable prices?
c. Ohio State football players.
2. Based on last week's local TV newscasts, what was the world's biggest issue?
a. The economy.
b. Terror threats.
c. Weather for the Winter Classic.
3. What was the biggest break-up of 2010?
a. Sandra Bullock and Jesse James.
b. Eva Longoria and Tony Parker.
c. Stan and Guy.
4. What was the most important number in Sidney Crosby's scoring streak?
a. 25 - The number of games.
b. 26 - The number of goals.
c. 27 - The number of hairs in his lucky mustache.
5. In 2060 people will be:
a. Celebrating the 100th anniversary of Bill Mazeroski's home run.
b. More than halfway through the century.
c. Wondering how much longer Joe Paterno will coach.
6. Pittsburgh got 24-hour local sports talk radio in 2010. It was great for:
a. Insomniac fans.
b. Frequent callers.
c. iPod sales.
7. What communication do people fear the most:
a. An audit notice from the IRS.
b. A call from the police.
c. A text message from Brett Favre.
8. What quarterback is best known for his connection to a town?
a. John Elway, Denver.
b. Peyton Manning, Indianapolis.
c.Ben Roethlisberger, Milledgeville, Ga.
9. Gas at $4 per gallon will be:
a. A major increase.
b. An extreme hardship.
c. Still cheaper per ounce than stadium beer.
10. The little man on top of the wedding cake:
a. Is traditional.
b. Is dapper.
c. Is KDKA's Jory Rand.
Mehno can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. His weblog is at altoonamirror.com