The Altoona Area Public Library has announced its children's programs for November.
* The library's youth room will host two family movie events. Admission is free. Register your family by calling 946-0417, ext. 123.
The first event is Nov. 13, with "Hoodwinked' at 5:30 p.m., followed by "Happily N'Ever After' at 7 p.m.
The second event is Nov. 20, with "Sleeping Beauty' at 6 p.m. Wear your pajamas.
* Children in first through fourth grades are invited to create a Thanksgiving centerpiece and placemats at 2 p.m. Nov. 15 in the youth room. All craft materials will be provided. Preregistration and $2 materials fee per child is required. To register, call 946-0417, ext. 123.
* The library will begin enrolling children ages 18 months to 3 years old for Toddler Time on Nov. 17. Children and families will enjoy stories, songs and rhymes. Toddler Time is designed to incorporate and emphasize the Pennsylvania Learning Standards for Early Childhood. Classes are held at 10 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays and 10 and 11:30 a.m. Thursdays. To register for this free program, call 946-0417, ext. 123.
* The library will begin enrolling children ages 3 to 6 years old for the Story Hour on Nov. 18. Children and families will enjoy stories, songs and rhymes. Story Time is designed to incorporate and emphasize the Pennsylvania Learning Standards for Early Childhood. The club will meet at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Tuesdays and 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays. To register for this free program, call 946-0417, ext. 123.
* Kindergarten Explorers is a program designed to introduce children to the routine, materials, activities and literacy experiences they will have in a traditional kindergarten classroom. Kindergarten Explorers will meet from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Nov. 14 and 21 at the library. The program is free and is supported by the United Way of Blair County. To register, call 946-0417, ext. 123.
* The library youth room and the Blair County Local Interagency Coordinating Council will collaborate to host developmental screenings for children from birth to 5 years old. The screenings will take place Nov. 20 at the library. To schedule an appointment, call 946-8465, ext. 202.
* In celebration of National Family Week, families and children of all ages are invited to attend the "B' Thankful for Families Story Hour at 6 p.m. Nov. 24. Participants will enjoy stories, songs and a craft. The program is free. To register your family, call 946-0417, ext. 123.
* Celebrate National Aviation Month at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Nov. 28 at the library. There will be stories about airplanes and flying, games and kids will make their own paper airplane to fly. The program is open for children in kindergarten through sixth grade. To register, call 946-0417, ext. 123.