Coming Sunday …
Some highlights to look for in the Mirror’s upcoming Sunday edition:
– In 1963, the U.S. nuclear submarine Thresher sunk, killing the 129 men aboard, including Altoona native John Wiley. Family members and friends of those lost in the disaster have never had a grave to visit. Bill Kibler reports.
– The Blair County Airport Authority is seeking a liquor license for its restaurant. Kay Stephens reports.
– Walt Frank catches up with Dr. Maureen Black, an Altoona native who has made her mark at the University of Maryland.
– Patt Keith reports on eating healthy during the Super Bowl.
– Columnists: John Mehno, John Kasun, Ryan Brown.
– Our coupon value is $94.
* * *
Because of the storm forecasted for this weekend, there may be a delay in the delivery of Sunday’s Mirror.
The Mirror appreciates the patience and cooperation of its readers and asks that they keep sidewalks and delivery tubes cleared.
The all-access online edition of the Mirror will not be affected and will be posted by 5 a.m. as usual.