Police: Accused killer said he ‘lost it’

Jones faces criminal homicide, murder charges in stabbing death of fiancee

A New York man accused of killing his fiancee at a residence in Everett on Tuesday morning reportedly told police “he just lost it” and grabbed a knife from the kitchen and stabbed her multiple times.

Bernard Harry Jones Jr., 41, of 3100 Creston Ave., Bronx, was arraigned Tuesday evening on charges of criminal homicide, first-degree murder and aggravated assault for allegedly killing Lekevia Bush.

Jones reportedly told police he and Bush got into an argument at the 507 W. Main St. residence when “he just lost it” and grabbed a knife from the kitchen and stabbed her multiple times.

He said he stopped stabbing Bush when she told him she loved him. Jones then reportedly took her car keys and left the apartment, according to a police criminal complaint.

Jones allegedly said the two started arguing about Bush staying overnight at a co-worker’s place, an argument that began over the phone and then escalated when Bush and her child were at to the residence. He added Bush tried to end their relationship.

Police caught and arrested Jones, who was reportedly covered in blood, in Uwchlan Township, Chester County.

State troopers had received a call from Bush’s daughter, who was hiding in a bathroom inside the Everett residence and reported hearing screaming from her mother in a bedroom. The daughter allegedly told police that Jones grabbed a knife from the kitchen and went into the bedroom with her mother.

She also reportedly told police she noticed a knife cover laying on the stove before calling 911. The daughter said all the knives in the house have covers on them, states the complaint.

Prior to arriving to the crime scene, police said dispatch told them the daughter could no longer hear her mother screaming from the bedroom.

Responding Troopers Rusty Hays and Nicholas Luciano reportedly observed blood on the kitchen floor and carpet leading to a rear bedroom. They found Bush sitting upright against a dresser in the rear bedroom with multiple stab wounds and lacerations, the complaint states. She had a pulse but shallow breathing.

Bush was transported to UPMC Bedford Memorial Hospital where she was pronounced dead by Coroner Rusty Styer.

Jones is housed at the Bedford County Jail without bail. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for

9 a.m. Sept. 12 in front of Magisterial District Judge Tonya Osman.