Landlord workshop set
A landlord/tenant workshop will be held from 8 a.m. to noon April 13 at the Bull Pen restaurant in Tyrone. The workshop will be hosted by the Northern Blair Roundtable of Operation Our Town.
Speakers and topics for the day include:
– Landlord tenant responsibilities and lease enforcement with Cheryl Johns, executive director of Altoona Housing Authority, and Bill Kitt, president of the Blair County Landlord Tenant Association.
– Property maintenance with Marvin Frazell, Tyrone, zoning and code enforcement officer.
– How to file at the magistrate’s office for possession of a property with Magisterial District Judge Paula Aigner.
– Running a criminal record and credit check prior to a lease, and preparing a solid lease with correct language with Johns and Kitt.
– Warning signs of illegal activity with Barry Howe of the Attorney General’s Office.
– Blair County Landlord Association membership with Kitt.
“We just saw the need to help our landlords, as there are so many issues that landlords face. We can cover many topics throughout the morning and have those who can answer the questions right there in Tyrone to help them,” said Sue Griep, Operation Our Town chairwoman. “And then we can link them with the county association to keep them up to date with information. We are happy to be able to offer this valuable workshop locally.”
There is no cost to attend this workshop. Light refreshments will be served.
To register, contact Operation Our Town at 296-8730.