Williamsburg man faces assault charges

Police say victim left with large gash in one ear

A Williamsburg man faces charges after an assault police say left a 1-inch hole in a man’s ear.

Larry M. Forshey, 38, of 837 W. Third St., Williams­burg, was arraigned Friday on one count of felony aggravated assault and misdemeanor charges of simple assault, recklessly endangering another person and disorderly conduct stemming from a Feb. 18 incident where Forshey allegedly struck and kicked a man outside his home.

Police said the assault happened when the man arrived at Forshey’s house to pick up his daughter and was with the girl’s mother. When the girl’s mother walked inside, Forshey allegedly came out from around the side of the house and tried to open the car door. When Forshey couldn’t open the door, he asked the man to get out and talk with him.

According to charges filed by Williamsburg police, Forshey asked the man to go into the yard to talk, and the man got out but stayed by his car. He said later he noticed the strong smell of alcohol coming off Forshey.

Police said Forshey got close to the man’s face and asked him, “What his (expletive deleted) deal was,” and before the man could answer, Forshey struck him several times on the left side of his head.

Forshey also kicked the man in the head, and the man told police he “saw a white light and was confused,” Williamsburg police Officer Adam Hauser noted in the charges.

Police said Forshey walked into the street and said “come on” as the girl’s mother and Forshey’s daughter emerged from the house. The man, who noticed his head was bleeding heavily, then got in the car and the three drove off with Forshey allegedly telling him, “Your day is coming, boy.”

Police said the three drove to the Williamsburg Police Department and were told by the officer on duty to go to Conemaugh Nason Medical Center, Roaring Spring, for medical treatment.

The assault left the man with a 1-inch cut on his scalp and a 1-inch long, “giant hole” through his ear, police noted. The man also suffered a second gash to his scalp just behind an ear. All three wounds needed to be stitched.

Forshey was released Friday on an unsecured $50,000 bond, and he is scheduled to appear before Magisterial District Judge Paula Aigner on March 20 for a preliminary hearing on the assault charges.