Bedford Chamber to present awards
From Mirror staff reports
BEDFORD — The Bedford County Chamber of Commerce will present 17 awards during the chamber’s annual Dinner and Awards Celebration Nov. 16 at the Omni Bedford Springs Resort & Spa.
The awards will be presented to businesses, organizations and individuals of the Bedford County region, recognizing a variety of accomplishments, including: excellence in business (small, medium and large categories), community service, historical preservation, property improvement, agri-business, education and servant leadership, as well as the Athena Award, sponsored by Bedford BPW and Thomas Dealerships.
The chamber partners with Blair County Development Association, the Bedford County Visitors Bureau and Bedford County Community Connections to present awards for economic development, excellence in tourism and a commitment to hiring people with disabilities.
Excellence in Business Awards will be presented to McFarland Furniture (small, no more than 10 employees); KLA Roofing & Construction (medium, no more than 60 employees) and Everett Foodliner & Saxton Market (large, 61 or more employees).
Other awards include:
– John Anderson Award: Everett Lions Club.
– Business Hall of Fame Award: The Bedford Gazette.
– Volunteers of the Year: Friends of Shawnee.
– Innovation Award: Bun Air Corp.
– Property Improvement Award: Fort Bedford Museum.
– Heritage Preservation Award: Old Bedford Village.
– Employer Community Service Award: Century Link.
– Excellence in Education Award: Bedford Sportsmen’s Club.
– Excellence in Agri-Business Award: Diamond Lane Farm.
– Leadership Award: Mike Lamb, Wessel & Co.
– Economic Development Award: Lampire Biological Laboratories.
– Community Connections Award: Save-a-Lot.
– Excellence in Tourism Award: Friendship Village Campground.
The Athena Award will be announced at the dinner.