Fire destroys part of country club

A fire that destroyed a Park Hills Country Club bathroom is under investigation by a state police fire marshal.

Firefighters from six area volunteer fire departments were dispatched at 8:37 p.m. to the country club.

Lakemont Fire Chief Tom Sral said the fire started in a men’s bathroom trash can. He said the bathroom will need to be completely renovated because of heat and smoke damage.

Sral said there was also slight smoke damage to other parts of the building.

Fire crews from United, Kittanning Trail, Duncans

ville, Newburg and Greenwood were also present at the scene.