Leonard E. Alwine of Altoona submitted these photos from the Logan Township Fire Company No. 1, which was chartered April 23, 1923. It began operations in Wehnwood along Juniata Gap Road. Its first truck was a 1923 Brockway-LaFrance Chemical Engine. It cost $3,600 when new and had two 45-gallon chemical tanks as well as other fire fighting equipment of that era. This truck served the community until 1936. The fire company today still operates as Logan Township United Fire Department and is located about 1 mile from the first station in the area of Grandview. The first firehall (left) located in Wehnwood is now used as a private home. The bell from atop the first firetruck is at the current firehall.