The former Saints Peter & Paul Catholic Church, 19th Street, Altoona, (now merged with St. Leo’s to become Our Lady of Fatima, 2010 12th Ave., Altoona) shows the graduation celebration for students from elementary and high schools. Graduation was held on June 1, 1956, followed by brunch and a program at the church hall. Shown are (from left): first row — Leon Kuiawa, Shirley Nebielski, Helen Loner Rudzinski, Frances Radwanski Robine, Francis Jaronieski, Robert Wlazlowski, Theresa Babiak Cieply, Adriann Trybus Broz, Irene Ptak and Jerry Klotkowski; second row — Jeannie Piotrowski Bagley, Stanley Kawtoski, the Rev. Father Walter Wernowski (pastor), Joseph Galant, Joanne Kuiawa Brown and Andrew Adamiak. The photo was submitted by Frances Robine of Claysburg.
Readers are encouraged to send or deliver old local photographs of general interest for use in Yesteryear. Information about people and places should be included. Photos must be 30 years old or older and should be sent to Yesteryear, Altoona Mirror, P.O. Box 2008, Altoona, PA 16603, or delivered to the Editorial Department.