Tyrone Hospital Auxiliary marks 70 years
TYRONE — As it marks its 70th anniversary, the Tyrone Hospital Auxiliary is conducting a membership drive for active and supporting members.
The auxiliary was formed in 1947 to help raise funds to support the construction/creation of Tyrone Hospital.
The auxiliary has provided medical equipment, supported operation of the hospital’s Care Car, which provides free transportation to Tyrone residents for needed health care appointments and conducted special activities.
On behalf of the Tyrone Regional Health System, hospital leaders presented the auxiliary with a plaque to recognize it for its tremendouss and long-term support of Tyrone Hospital.
For those interested in joining the auxiliary, there is a $10 fee for a two-year membership.
Member fees, along with name, address and phone number may be submitted to: Secretary, Tyrone Hospital Auxiliary, 28 Woodview Lane, Warriors Mark, PA 16877.
For additional information, contact the auxiliary secretary at pjgeist