Charles Hileman of Claysburg submitted this photo of Dibert School, a one-room schoolhouse that was located at Polecat Substation, near Claysburg. The photo was taken Sept. 30, 1898. Hileman’s grandfather, Clair Hileman, is in the back row, third from the right.
Readers are encouraged to send or deliver old local photographs of general interest for use in Yesteryear. Information about people and places should be included. Photos must be 30 years old or older and should be sent to Yesteryear, Altoona Mirror, P.O. Box 2008, Altoona, PA 16603, or delivered to the Editorial Department.