Seven Springs event adds new workshop
SEVEN SPRINGS — Julius Caesar coined the phrase, “Experience is the teacher of all things.” The Mother Earth News Fair agrees.
At this year’s fair, attendees can try their hand at making their own foods, toiletries, pizza ovens, wood-burning heaters and more, with sustainability and self-sufficiency experts leading the way.
Highlights of the event’s hands-on workshops include:
* Grow the Most Amazing Microgreens, Sprouts, and Wheatgrass, with Janet McKee
* Make Your Own Sourdough Starter, with Victoria Miller
* Mastering Kimchi, with Kirsten K. Shockey
* Lavender Sea Salt Body Scrub, with Sue Goetz
* Make your own Mead Starter, with Jereme Zimmerman
* Distillation Demonstration — Lavender Hydrosol and Essential Oil, with James and Liz Fulcher
* Build Your Own Wood-Fired Pizza Oven, with DirtUncle Mud and Family
The Mother Earth News Fair will take place at Seven Springs Mountain Resort from Friday through Sunday.
The Fair runs Friday from noon to 6 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To purchase wristband passes, inquire about exhibiting or check programming, visit www.motherearthnewsfair.com or call 1-800-234-3368.
Mother Earth News (www.MotherEarthNews.com) is the “Original Guide to Living Wisely.” Topics include organic gardening, do-it-yourself projects, cutting energy costs, using renewable energy, green home building and rural living.
For more information, follow Mother Earth News Fair on Facebook or Twitter on visit www.motherearthnewsfair.com.