Sisters hosting Fatima pilgrimage
The public is invited to join the Sacred Heart Sisters during the Fatima Centenary Walking Pilgrimage Saturday from their convent at 1872 Munster Road, Portage, to Loretto.
The day begins with 8 a.m. Mass at St. Joseph Convent, Munster Township, Portage, and includes visits to religious sites in Loretto, reflection, prayer, opportunity for confession and meals. The day ends with T.O.R. Fatima Devotions at St. Michael the Archangel Basilica at 6:30 p.m., with Bishop Mark Bartchack.
The pilgrimage honors the Lady of Fatima during the 100th anniversary year of her apparitions.
The schedule of events includes:
– 8 a.m. Holy Mass at St. Joseph Convent, 1872 Munster Road, Portage.
– 9:30-10 a.m. Departure, rain or shine
– 11:30-noon Arrival/lunch
– 1 p.m. Conference, the Rev. Msgr. Francis Nave of Sacred Heart, Bath.
– 1:45 p.m. Walk of Carmelite Monastery, Loretto
– 2:15 p.m. Conference, Deacon Richard Golden of Basilica, Loretto
– 3:15 p.m. Walk to Sunken Gardens, Mount Assisi
– 3:30 p.m. Fatima prayers and prayers for Holy Father
– 3:45 p.m. Walk to St. Francis University for Stations
– 4:05 p.m. Stations of the Cross
– 4:45 p.m. Leave for St. Michael’s Basilica
– 5:15 p.m. Supper, which includes hot dogs, hamburgers and chips
– 6:30 p.m. St. Michael’s Basilica, Fatima devotions with Franciscan TORs.
Anyone unable to walk is invited to the 8 a.m. Mass and then can meet the group in Loretto for the first conference at 1 p.m. in the campus chapel at Saint Francis University.