Outdoor Festivals Are Here!
Here is a listing of Altoona area live music happenings for the weekend and week of Friday, April 27 through Thursday, May 3.
As the calendar turns the corner from April to May, live music events and festivals are starting to head outdoors, with two major outdoor events happening this weekend.
Presented by ArtsAltoona, partnering organizations and neighborhood businesses, the inaugural “StART Here” Block Party will take place on Saturday afternoon along North Fourth Avenue in Juniata. The event will feature a variety of activities, including beautification projects, artists, food vendors, children’s activities, neighborhood cleanup activities, and three stages of live music. (For the entire stage schedule, see the listing below.) The event runs from noon to 6 p.m., and admission is free. For more information, visit the event’s website, www.starthereblaircounty.com.
Meanwhile, the 11th annual Huntingdon Mayfest celebration takes place all day Saturday along Washington Street in downtown Huntingdon. The festival runs from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m., and will feature a wide variety of activities, food and local business vendors, children’s activities, artists, and six stages of live music and entertainment. (For the entire stage schedule, see the listing below.) Keeping with tradition, each city block along Washington Street will celebrate a different historical theme with appropriate decorations and costumes. Themes will include Colonial Times, Victorian Era, Renaissance Faire, Back to the 50’s and Woodstock Era. Admission to Mayfest is free.
For outdoor shows, in the event of inclement weather, please call or use social media to check ahead to make sure the show is still taking place, especially if you are driving any distance to attend.
Check out and support the area live music! And if you celebrate heavily while doing so, please designate a sober driver or call a taxi to get you home.
FRIDAY NIGHT 4/27:
The Snipped, Lose the Name and Black Ridge at McGarvey’s, Altoona (starts 10:30 p.m.)
The Boomers at Newburg Firehall, Altoona (starts 9 p.m.)
Felix & the Hurricanes at Bavarian Aid Society, Altoona (starts 8 p.m.)
The Dog House at The Dog House, Bellwood (starts 9 p.m.)
D.D. & the Pub Crawlers at Huntingdon Elks, Huntingdon (starts 7 p.m.)
Partners In Crime at Bloody Run Social Club (Redman), Everett (starts 8 p.m.)
Ed N’Born at Our Station House, Ebensburg (starts 7:30 p.m.)
“START HERE” BLOCK PARTY, North 4th Avenue, Juniata (free admission):
– Stage 1 (North 4th Ave. & 6th St.): 12 noon – Kenny Fetterman, 12:35 p.m. – Brian Cupples, 1:05 p.m. – Leah Strandquest, 1:30 p.m. – Asbury Lane, 2 p.m. – Lewis Nick, 2:25 p.m. – Ebony Wilson, 3 p.m. – Eric Delozier, 3:45 p.m. – Dee Hartman, 4:15 p.m. – Rich Edmundson, 5 p.m. – The Crooked Line
– Stage 2 (North 4th Ave. & 7th St.): 12 noon – Pat McGinnis & Eric Crum, 12:45 p.m. – Wilted, 1:30 p.m. – Altoona Brass Collective, 2:10 p.m. – Rue Moyer & AASD Choir, 2:20 p.m. – AASD Choir, 3 p.m. – Felix & the Hurricanes, 4 p.m. – Nag Champions, 5 p.m. – AASD Jazz Ensemble
– Stage 3 (North 4th Ave. & 8th St.): 12 noon – Ed N’Born, 12:45 p.m. – Deanna Cohn, 1 p.m. – Brittany Cook, 1:25 p.m. – Duane Ferrell & Ashley Peer, 2 p.m. – Todd Hill, 2:45 p.m. – Julie Nevel, 3:25 p.m. – Maggie Park, 4 p.m. – Sascha Damon Frost, 4:40 p.m. – Ride the Song, 5:25 p.m. – Happy Hour (Tommy Fix & Sarah Mellott)
– McGarvey’s: 3:30 p.m. – Lauren & Joe, 6 p.m. – Rogan Allen
HUNTINGDON MAYFEST, downtown Huntingdon (free admission):
– Colonial Times Stage: 10 a.m. – Derrick Heiglan, 12:30 p.m. – Dylan Miller, 2 p.m. – Nick Miller Project w/Gab Green
– Back to the 50’s Stage: 9 a.m. – The Sharptones, 1 p.m. – Dan & Galla
– Victorian Era Stage: 9 a.m. – 49th Infantry Band
– Renaissance Faire Stage: 11 a.m., 1:30 p.m. – Full Kilt
– Woodstock Stage: 9 a.m. – Backyard Rockers, 12 noon – Hawestone, 3 p.m. – Michael Christopher, 5 p.m. – Force Of Habit
– Stone Town Gallery & Cafe Stage: 10:30 a.m. – Tim Ruggeri, 12 noon – Anita Roseborough, 1 p.m. – Phil Sukenik, 2 p.m. – Raining Blue
SATURDAY NIGHT 4/28:
Eric Delozier at Family Pizza & Pub, Altoona (starts 8 p.m.)
Legendary Hucklebucks, Black Ridge (Altoona) and Ed N’Born at McGarvey’s, Altoona (starts 9 p.m.)
Railtowne at Four Dees Lounge, Altoona (starts 10:30 p.m.)
Washington Slept Here at Newburg Firehall, Altoona (starts 9 p.m.)
Pure Nickel at Argonne Cafe, Hollidaysburg (starts 8 p.m.)
Happy Hour (Tommy Fix & Sarah Mellott) at U.S. Hotel, Hollidaysburg (starts 8 p.m.)
Backlash at Williamsburg American Legion, Williamsburg (starts 9 p.m.)
Star 69 at Everett VFW, Everett (starts 9:30 p.m.)
Urban Myth at Pleasantville VFW, Pleasantville (starts 9 p.m.)
Hawestone at Huntingdon Elks, Huntingdon (starts 9 p.m.)
Phil McCaulley at Woody Lodge Winery, Ashville (starts 6:30 p.m.)
Lauren & Joe at Park Avenue Pub, Patton (starts 10 p.m.)
Acoustic Stew at Patton VFW, Patton (starts 10 p.m.)
Bob Brown at Our Station House, Ebensburg (starts 7:30 p.m.)
Felix & the Hurricanes at Lake Inn, Ebensburg (starts 9:30 p.m.)
Michael Christopher Band at Castle Pub, Ebensburg (starts 10 p.m.)
SUNDAY AFTERNOON 4/29:
Altoona West African Drum Circle at Mission Central HUB (19th St. and 9th Ave.), Altoona (starts 4 p.m.)
SUNDAY NIGHT 4/29:
Dave Howsare at Family Pizza & Pub, Altoona (starts 6 p.m.)
The Band OZ at Unter Uns, Altoona (starts 6 p.m.)
Felix & the Hurricanes at Black & Gold Tavern, Altoona (starts 9 p.m.)
Crossfire at Patton VFW, Patton (starts 7 p.m.)
TUESDAY NIGHT 5/1:
Open Mic with the Backyard Rockers at D’Ottavio’s Gran Sasso, Hollidaysburg (starts 8 p.m.)
“Tuesday Night Therapy” at Bedford Tavern, Bedford (starts 6 p.m.)
WEDNESDAY NIGHT 5/2:
Open Mic Night at Unter Uns, Altoona (starts 8 p.m.)
THURSDAY NIGHT 5/3:
Steve Summerhill at Jethro’s, Altoona (starts 7 p.m.)
Open Stage Night at Green Bean Coffee, Altoona (starts 6 p.m.)
(NOTE: More shows may be added to this list as information becomes available. Feel free to check back.)
To report additional shows or corrections to this listing, email information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to submit information for the initial posting is each Friday morning at 9 a.m.